May 9, 2007

It's My Day!

That's what I was told this morning by Mrs. Bryan (our wonderful cook) after she told me it was Teacher's Day today. Since I'm the one and only teacher at Sunbeam, the day belonged to me. =)

Teacher's Day here is done different then Teacher Appreciation in the States. Here, students are selected to run the class for the day, while the teacher gets to sit back and watch. This is not totally possible in my classroom, but the boys did run worship, morning meeting, and a couple of the lessons. It was fun to see them imitate some of the things I do. Some of the schools find sponsors and send their teachers off on a trip for the day.

My afternoon shift was adorable as the tried, without very much success, to hide a card they had for me. There was a great deal of, "should we do it now?", "no", and giggling as they waited. They had worked very hard to say together, "one.. two.. three.. Happy Teacher's Day Miss Michelle!" It was very cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am so glad you shared with us about Your Day! Hopefully you were able to see how much you are appreciated and loved! (which is very much!) Have a great day friend!
Hugs to you!

Pfingston said...

Happy teachers day indeed!

Found your blog through Missionary blog watch . . . my husband and I visited Jamaca on our honeymoon and I have held a special place for it ever since . .
I really loved being called "my lady"
Anyway . . . I was a teacher for the deaf for several years here in Mexico when I met my husband. And then I saw you had a group from Moorehead MN . . MY STOMPING GROUNDS (well, OK, Minneapolis/St.Paul, but I know the college, I know the place)
Anyway all these things add up to me coming back to visit you and see how your doing.
Nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
What a special day for you and well deserved!
It was so thoughtful of Mrs. Bryan to help the kids plan for Teacher's Day. It sounds like it was a fun day for the boys as well!
Thanks for all you do for the Learning Center and for Sunbeam!
Kris