Almost There
This may be my last chance to post for a while. I made 2 parts of my flight today and should be back in Jamaica tomorrow. I'll be taking pictures and posting as soon as I can. Electricity has been restored to certain areas of the island, but the general news isn't encouraging. Check out the link below.
JPS Restoration Hope Dims
Additionally, the opening of the public school year was already pushed back because the election was delayed and now due to hurricane damage, public schools may be starting even later. We live in St. Catherine parish which seems to have been hit hard.
Ministry Reports 107 Schools Damaged
I'm very interested to see everything. It's hard to imagine what it looks like and how much damage has occurred. The lack of electricity is inconvenient, but it's not a big deal to me. However, the idea of no water is hard. I wonder about a million things and am ready to assess where we're at and dive into cleaning up.
Please continue to pray for the island!
No comments:
Post a Comment