August 22, 2007

A Few More Details

I was able to get through to Mrs. Bryan this morning. It's great to actually talk with someone! But, things sound rough right now.

Here's the additional information I got.

** They've been without electricity and water since Monday which is very difficult with 30+ people. They've been using water we have in a storage tank, but it's not a huge amount.

** There is some water damage in the kitchen.

** Mrs. Bryan's home only had some water come in, but Ms. Ivareen's home was hit hard. I don't have any more details about it.


Additionally, I talked with Gerry and Fred who were supposed to be getting into Kingston today. They called from the airport to say that because electricity is not back on at the airport, planes cannot stay overnight. The guys will spend the night in Miami and catch an early morning flight in. They're on the same flight I am supposed to take tomorrow. What does that mean for me? I have no idea. I'll try to get some info from the airline today, but the guys did the same yesterday and still had this surprise today.


Please be praying for the quick restoration of power and water. And also for the finances needed to make repairs. Thank you!

No comments: