Iowa Team
Finally, I'm adding pictures from the Iowa team to this post. This is one of the trenches that was dug. It runs into the septic pit.
Looking down into the pit, you can see it is rock lined with layers of concrete. The man who placed each rock was 60 years old!
The top of the pit was covered with interwoven rebar, tin, and lastly concrete.
Richard, smiling as always.
Trev is working to install my toilet. In the bottom right corner, you can see the base of my shower.
Tim, Ean, and some of the boys working on making my flower bed.
Stephanie and Jill trying to get through a thick layer of rock so the blocks could be installed.
Last week we had a hard working team from Iowa with us. They tackled some huge jobs and made amazing progress. A vanity, toilet, and shower were installed in my house, along with a water heater and all the piping. Trenches were dug and pipes installed for the water from the street hook up and to a septic pit in the back. I was able to use the water in my house last night which was wonderful! All the details for the pit should be finished this afternoon. A wonderful blessing for me is that they built flower beds in front of my house. I can't wait to get dirty!
Iowa: Thank you for your drive to complete this job. You have blessed me in so many ways! I appreciate all the sweat you poured out trying to make things nicer for me. Thanks!
I have pictures to post, but am having trouble with my jump drive. I'll get them up as soon as I can get it working.
3 comments:
Hi Michelle,
I can't believe all that the Iowa team was able to accomplish! I am so glad that the Twin Home is almost complete for you! You deserve it!
I look forward to seeing your flower beds.
Thanks for all that you have accomplished with the boys this past school year and for the wonderful recording you have done of their progress!
Love,
Kris
Michelle,
I was thrilled for you when your Mom told me that you were now in the house. You now have your own little space, how wonderful. I keep checking your blog for updates on you and the boys. I miss them so much. Send them my love. See you next weekend. Safe travels..
Anna
So exciting to hear about the progress on your house, Michelle, and to hear that you're now LIVING in it!! Yay! What a blessing those flower beds will be... especially knowing the loving hands that built the beds for you, and the loving Hands hands that created the flowers you'll plant! Everyone deserves to have some beautiful bit of creation to look at each day - yours sounds wonderful.
Love you much,
Kirsten
Post a Comment