Houston, We Have a Problem
At the Immigration Office today I learned that somehow I am missing a valid visa which has to be issued from the Jamaican Consulate in the States. I need this in order to be in the country and get my work permit. Now, I started this process in June and have been to the Ministry of Labour 5 times, plus the Immigration Office today. I specifically asked about the date in my passport last time and was told it wouldn't be a problem to re-stamp it at the Immigration Office. This of course is not true. What it means is that I have to leave Jamaica before the 11th of December. Talk about changing plans. Also, I apparently don't have enough pages in my passport where they could put a visa so I also need to add pages. I was already worrying that I wasn't going to be able to get everything for school done before the 20th. Now, I have to be ready by the 9th! The upside is that I will have more time to spend with family and friends (when I'm not in Chicago at the Consulate and Passport Office). It's never dull around here.
1 comment:
Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back to the States! Let's work on a plan to get together! :)
Post a Comment