November 8, 2006

Feet

We had 20 bags of chicken feet donated from a company that loyally supports us yesterday. Now, you may be thinking 20 bags, OH MY!, but I think the picture you have in your mind is too small. Each bag contains approximately (because there is no way that I'm counting!) 1,500 chicken feet. They come in a bag the size of a feed bag. So take 1,500 x 20 bags and we have 30,000 feet! (Thankfully we are able to donate surplus items to a local neighborhood or we would be eating these forever.)

At Sunbeam, chicken feet are most often boiled in soup with stewed peas or something of that nature. The boys will "eat" the feet (well, as much as possible since there's not a lot there), but it's still a little outside of my comfort zone, so I pick them out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uuuugh! Those look bigger than life? I thought your picture was a nasty post Halloween joke. They look like they have human finger nails!
Love you anyway
Heather

The Cochrans said...

That is probably one of the grossest pictures I've ever seen! AAAH! Especially knowing that there are 30,000 of them! Thanks for sharing these with us! Love you!

The Cochrans said...

Okay--I just showed Mike the picture and he said, "You know they eat those in Brazil--when they make the soup, the kids fight over the chicken feet." Well, they are going to love me because they can have my whole bowl of soup!

Anonymous said...

That's just so darn gross!!!