Thursday, Thursday, Thursday!
Thursday is a big day this week. First of all, my entire family arrives - Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, and Sister's Fiance! My Mom has been down with me twice, but this will be the first time for everyone else. I'm looking forward to them getting to know the boys and understanding what my life here is like.
Second, this will be the first field trip for my classes. We've been studying airports and airplanes. My students are doing pretty well with the terminology. A couple still think there is a "run-a-way" which is adorable to hear in a Jamaican accent.
In preparing for this visit, we've been working on how to meet new people. My students get so embarrassed. Picture this, a tiny little one, with his feet facing you, but his shoulders turned as far around as possible, mumbling something you can in no way understand and barely tell he is speaking. It's a riot. Hopefully, with practice, we will get more comfortable with this.
UUGG!! UGG!!!! UUGGGGGG!!! Yuck!!!!! A rat just came screaming around the corner and almost over my feet until I freaked out and then he did the same. I'm now typing with my feet tucked safely under me. And on that fun note, I'm going to head to bed. =)
1 comment:
How wonderful that your whole family is able to come! We are praying for God's protection as they travel and that your time together will be blessed! :)
Post a Comment