July 18, 2007

They're so EXCITED!!!!!

My students just learned yesterday the details of our trip and it has been a blast.... a little crazy, but a blast! They are so excited and look at me with these wide-eyed-gazes, full of disbelief, as we talk about what we're going to do.

First, we'll be spending the day at a park with animals, hiking trails, pools, a pond with paddle boats, and more. We have a house on this property that we will be spending the night at. I was worried with being able to keep track of everyone, but feel really comfortable with this set-up.

The next day we'll spend the morning at the same park, pack up, and head to a river safari. The main attraction will be crocodiles! There is a great deal of anxiety from the boys about this stop. I've said over and over, "if it wasn't safe, would I take you there?" and "if people got eaten, would they still be in business?" =) On the way to and from we will be stopping at other well-known sights so the boys get to know their country.

The boys have been full of advice for each other like, "if you pee on the seat, you should wipe it off", "the morning shift (younger boys) should bathe first", "no splashing water all over the bathroom", "make sure to lift the seat before you pee", "we need to sweep out the floor EVERY morning" (we're only going to be there one day), and more.

As you can tell from the length of this post, I'm excited to share this opportunity with them, almost as much as they are! In their eyes today, I saw true childlike joy and hope. One of my boys said yesterday, "I'm so glad for this trip, it's all I can think about." He's the one who can in really traumatized -see blog from March 23rd. It's good to be able to provide something encouraging and uplifting. I am so grateful to the students at Indian Mound Middle School, Oregon High School, and Vivian for their financial backing of this trip.

No matter how difficult life can be the most important thing is to live it with hope.--Anonymous


I'll take lots of pictures to we can share our experiences, laughter, and joy with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm excited! Yea! Praying for a great time for you guys! *hugs

Jen Lowe said...

sounds like a great trip! i look forward to seeing photos. blessings on your adventure....