Heart Check
So I've been putting off any personal reflection for a little while I’ve tried to get my thoughts together. I've been discouraged lately (nothing to do with either team that is here). In the classroom, termites took over while I was gone – eating through the concrete walls again, laying eggs which were in maggot form, and destroying my bulletin board. The mice have gotten more and more comfortable in my room and seem to use it as a bathroom daily. Mold is getting worse and paint continues to peel. It’s hard to come back and have to fix or clean the same things over and over again.
With the end of the school year approaching there is lots to be done - wrapping up of academics, assessments, reports, planning for next year, etc. Additionally, we’re interviewing for another teacher this week. This person will become the school administrator, as well as teacher, for the 2008-2009 school year, guiding the entire school. It’s a very important decision.
Overall, my spirit just feels tired. At nearly the half way point, I’m aware how much this has taken out of me…. and there’s still another year to go. In this place, I am continuing to seek God… trying to understand. But, I think I’m being taught about complete reliance. I know I’ve shared this quote before, but it seems to come up often…
“I am more fully learning to rely on the Lord because he is the only thing that is unchanging.”
Please keep me in your prayers.
7 comments:
Michelle, thanks for your honest reflections. May the everlasting God encourage your spirit as you seek to follow Him through this difficult time.
Michelle,
The journey you've traveled has been long and trying at times. Please remember all the wonderful things you've done for boys and smiles you've brought to their faces. They have hope and faith because of YOU!
Connie
Michelle,
You have done such wonderful things with the boys, and the changes you have made in their lives with be with them always. Hang in there and may God keep you safe and well.
Tina
You keep your head up!
Michelle,
I am so proud of you and your accomplishments.The Poynette team has told me of great strides with the boys. I will pray for you to have strength.You have so many people in the Poynette Area pulling for you and the boys.
What can I do to help you? I will try to do what I can. God Bless you and keep you safe.
Debbie W.
Michelle, Just know that you are on the right path and you are making a huge difference in the boys with the work you are doing. you are an inspiration to us all. hang in there and if you need an ear to listen, many of us at home are here with a click or a phone call. Anna
Hey, Michelle,
I can tell even from the photographs what a huge difference you are making to the boys. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Know that I am praying for you, as a friend of mine says, "on three knees" as you work through your feelings. It makes sense to me that with all you do, you would be tired and discouraged at times. God is with you, and everything you do reflects his glory. (Even if the reflection looks a little blurry at times!:-)You are in the palm of his hand and the center of his heart. You are also, by the way, one of my heroes!:-) See you soon.
Joellen
Post a Comment