Unpacking and Cleaning
I made it back to Sunbeam late on Tuesday night. It was 26 degrees when I left home at 5 am and 86 degrees when I arrived in Kingston that night. There was a line of boys waiting to hug me as I got through the door. They've had a had time trusting that I will come back when I leave. After about 15 minutes I was asked if we were going to have school the next day. They can't wait to get going again.
For me, there are a few things that have to happen before we can dive in - unpacking, sweeping, mopping, laundry, general cleaning (because the dust is so bad). [An update on the water saga that has been a problem since September - I woke up to water all the way to my bed this morning. More parts of the pipe were fixed and I'm hopeful that it will stay dry so the mold will quit growing.]
Many of the same cleaning things have to be done in the classroom, in addition to planning lessons. These are the details that drive the boys nuts as they wait for me. I was in the classroom for all of 5 seconds today and there were 3 little faces just waiting for a job to do. They're so curious about everything that I unpack.
No comments:
Post a Comment