4 months and counting

Denroy - one of my all time favorite pictures Summer 2002
I’ve been overwhelmed at the response to my support letters in only two weeks. Getting mail each day is so much fun! I feel so incredibly blessed at the outpouring of support – prayer and financial. Thank you to the many of you who have sent your cards back to me.
This transition is feeling more and more real. Last weekend, I was shopping for posters, books, floor puzzles and other educational things. I have so many plans – read alouds in the evening, craft projects, interactive bulletin boards, etc. One of my goals is to get the boys into books. When I was down over spring break, I read picture books to the boys in the evening. It was amazing to me that boys between 7-16 completely enjoyed this. I hope to alternate between picture books, books on CD, and chapter books. I’ve been working to get high interest books at a variety of reading levels.
I purchased tickets to Sunbeam last night. My Mom and I are going to be down June 20-29. I’m hoping to set up a bank account and purchase my phone. I’m looking forward to getting to know my co-workers better, as well as continue to build relationships with the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment