Bold Requests
When was the last time you presented the Lord with a bold request? A Cup of Living Water devotion
Humm, a bold request. ??? I find it easy to present little things in prayer... things I would like or that would be nice ... things for others are also easy to pray for. But, I'm finding that the things nearest and dearest to my heart the hardest to lift up. I trust in the Lord's ability to fulfill my prayers, but question my ability to discern the Lord's will. In fear of being disappointed because I sought what was my will and not the Lord's, I hold back. I don't want Jesus to say to me, "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:31 And in my head, I know He knows it all, even when I'm afraid to lay the important things at his feet. I know my God is big enough to meet me wherever I am and want to trust more in his guidance of my discernment.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14
1 comment:
Hey there dear friend! :) What a good word--thanks for sharing your heart. I miss you!
Post a Comment