February 12, 2007

My Grandpa

My grandpa is dying. It's been hard to watch a highly educated man slip away as Alzheimer's takes over. More than a year and a half ago he was devastated with the knowledge of what was happening to him. More often than not, he is now unresponsive -unable to recognize family and confused in his thoughts. It's been difficult to understand why God has left him here, where from my perspective, he seems to be suffering. But, God is God, regardless of my opinion. And his timing is perfect. I will miss him so much, but long for him to be whole, fishing (his favorite pastime) on the most beautiful lake in heaven.

Please pray for peace and comfort for my grandpa. That the Lord would wrap his loving arms around him and carry him home, at him time.

Please pray for my grandma. My grandparents have been married for 58 years. The past 3 years have been spent in an assistive living home. There are many changes in her future.

Please pray for me as I prepare to come home. My students are going to be without class again. There are 2 mission teams who will be living in my room while I'm gone. And there is just a lot to deal with in addition to the transition home.

And please pray for my family for the decisions that have to be made and for understanding.

3 comments:

The Cochrans said...

Dear Friend...I pray for His peace to wash over you so that in turn you would be an instrument of His peace to the rest of your family. Love you!

Jen Lowe said...

So sorry to hear this news, Michelle. It sounds like your grandpa is a very special person in your family. I will be praying.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult Alzheimer's can be on the family-as I had a grandfather that suffered from it as well. I pray that you have a safe trip home and peace for your family through this difficult time of decision making. May God's grace and peace be with you and your family.