February 1, 2007

Bullfrog Allergy?

For the second time this month and the 5th time since I've moved, I am sick. Thankfully I'm beginning to recover, but it has been a rough couple of days. I have what they call the "hog flu". Being away from home and sick is hard. I went to a clinic the other night. The first 2 we stopped at were close, the 3rd couldn't run the test I needed because the lab was close, and the 4th said they could, but actually couldn't. The next day I went to a lab where I understood I would get test results the same day, it turned out to be test results in a week.

Everyone has a theory as to why I'm sick and what I need to do to get better - anything from an allergy to bullfrogs to digging holes for banana trees or drinking black coffee with lime juice for a cure.

It's hard not to feel well and not be able to get the things I'm used to. It's reminded me how blessed we are with medical care in the States. Not to say that our Health Care system is without it's problems. It reminds me again, that while I feel I'm adjusting to the culture, there are things that come up where I'm lost all over again.

Please pray for my health. I'm not typically a "sick person". It breaks up my routine, as well as the boys, when we can't have school. And it's really wearing on me.

4 comments:

The Cochrans said...

Praying for God's very best for you! Hope your feeling 100% soon! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you! and i know exactly how you feel. i got sick here in Mexico; and they were like oh, lets just go to the pharmacy, i know i'll give you the shot - i finished half of medical school. HAHA. needless to say, i just slept it off for a few days (and yes i did call my mommy).

p.s. that is a great book!

darkside of pain said...

Hi Michelle, I'll be praying for your health and well being. I know how much the boys at Sunbeam love you, even if they don't always show it in ways we understand. I'm sure they are praying for you also.
We've only been back in Minnesota for a little over a week but it feels like an eternity with the cold weather. I hope to see you when you are at Peace and introduce you to my wife Kathy. Take care of yourself. Love and Respect, Bob

Kirsten & Scott said...

hey my wonderful friend - hoping and praying that your sickness passes soon, and that you find comfort, peace, and the loving hand of Jesus in the meantime.

thinking of you often and hoping we can catch up once you're feeling up to snuff (more scandinavian slang, though perhaps not for your boys.. )

love to you - kirsten