Peace Team
This is the Peace Lutheran team from New London, Minnesota. They spent the past week sheet rocking the twin home, loving the boys, leading devotions, and blessing us. They struggled with some good questions on the impact of missions on their lives and hopefully grew from this experience. They were a wonderful blessing to the woman staff by treating us to a "spa day." Thank you!
Peace team and some of the boys
Cruz, Horace, Joel, Jason, and Will
Me and some of my boys
Ms. Jean and Warren sharing a book on CD.
On Sunday I was able to celebrate Christmas with the boys. Thanks to Ron Fugiel for sponsoring this event! After my first summer down, I was hit with culture shock really hard at a friends wedding. After going through the buffet line, I was unable to eat the meal because I knew the boys at Sunbeam had never had an opportunity to walk down a line of food and choice what and how much they want. I spent most of the reception outside trying to process. But, on Sunday I was able to change this. The boys were able to choose from B-B-Q chicken, chicken florentine, rice and peas, cole slaw, noodle salad, ice cream with fruit topping, and punch! I had some small gifts for them and the team contributed a wonderful afternoon of games and fun. It was a fun day for me, and I hope the boys will remember it for a long time to come.
Yummy!
Creating "Christmas is..." books before the meal.
Pastor Linda sharing Kofi wants to be a Bad Bwoy.
Chevon enjoying our computer which was donated by my cousins - Cory and Heather Gudowicz. The boys ask everyday if they're going to get a chance to use the Jump Start software.
1 comment:
Oh Michelle, what a sunbeam of God's love you are to all people you come in contact with. You are a true joy in every thing you do.
Thank you for the group pictures you shared on your blog. Notice the difference in the laughter and smiles with the boys IN the group picture compared to the picture with out my boys! They are my boys too Miss Michelle! Great job on the website girl. Wow! You are a blessing to Sunbeam in sooo many ways. We all love you;)
Post a Comment