September 14, 2006

Safe and Sound

Blessings continue to abound for me. After a questionable start to the day (45 minute delay to board and then 30 minutes on the runway), I arrive in Jamaica on time. For the first time, customs only looked into one tub and then sent me on my way. Additionally, I met fun people and had great conversation on my 3 flights. It made the time pass quick.

Much of the past two days has been spent unpacking my personal items and getting settled. I've appreciated that I've travelled down so many times during the past year because the boys know me, respond to my requests, and when push comes to shove, will do things I ask even when they don't want to.

The plan is to start on my classroom tomorrow. My brain spins with all the possibilities and also all there is to do. But, I'm excited.

We have a new quicker internet access to Sunbeam! I hope to be able to update this at least weekly. Thank you to the many of you who have sent me emails checking in with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you made it safe and sound! You have been in my prayers these past few days as I knew your life has been full of craziness! Love ya!

The Cochrans said...

How wonderful to see your "boys" again! I'm jealous because I miss my kids so much. It's good to hear you arrived on time even with the delays. We continue to pray for God's best for you! We love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear about what you're doing in Jamaica! I'm glad that you're there safely. Keep us updated!!