June 1, 2006

Indian Mound Middle School

I’ve spent some time in reflection lately about the amazing group of people who I work with. Our Special Education team is made up of people who will do whatever it takes for students. These are people who come in early and stay late. People who are always looking at what can be done better. Two years ago this team welcomed me in and since then they have taught me what it means to do special education well. They have allowed me to share myself, my passions, and my strengths with the children we teach.

I have also learned many valuable skills through my work with general educators at each grade level. I have seen master teachers effortlessly reach children at the point they are at. It has been amazing and encouraging to watch.

My time at IMMS has been challenging, but amazing. As the end of the school year speeds towards me, I am realizing more and more each day, that I will greatly miss these people. They have made a huge impact on me as a teacher and me as a person.

For me, the good-byes which are a part of the life I have chosen, are becoming harder and harder because God has blessed me with an incredible group of colleagues and friends. Thank you for all of the ways you have invested in me!

I once heard the attitude and climate of the school a teacher works in during their first 2 years will be the attitude and climate the teacher keeps for the rest of their career. I am proud to say that my first 2 years were spent at Indian Mound Middle School.

No comments: